Here are some links I found useful in building quality mobile apps. Enjoy!
Apple iOS Links
- WWDC10 Sessions: Apple released the recorded WWDC10 sessions for free last year. I’m assuming you have a developer account already so all you need to do is log in and download some Apple development knowledge. There’s so much info in these sessions. Make sure to check out the sessions on UI design (session 103) and debugging tools (sessions 304, 306, 309, 311 & 317). Browse, download and hack on!
Google Android Links
- A beginner’s guide to Android: Learning more about the platform your developing for is always a good idea
- Android UI design patterns: This is from Google I/O 2010. Do yourself a favor and watch this if your developing Android apps. Especially if you come from iOS.
- Writing zippy Android apps: Avoid writing janky apps.
- The world of ListView: ListViews tend to be the most used UI widget so its good to know how to use them well.
- Casting a wide net for all Android devices: Fragmentation is a big concern when developing for Android devices. Here from the experts on how to handle all devices in your development.